Warranties for HVAC systems in Ogden, NC, can vary greatly in coverage and length of time. Before making a purchase, you must understand your options and what each type of warranty covers. Here are key aspects of HVAC warranties you need to know:
HVAC warranties typically fall into one of two categories. These are:
- Parts only: These warranties cover repairs or replacement of defective parts but don’t include labor costs. They typically last 10-12 years.
- Parts and labor: These warranties cover both the cost of parts and labor for repairs. They usually last 5-7 years.
In addition to duration, HVAC warranties also differ in coverage. Some warranties are “full replacement,” meaning they will replace your entire HVAC system if it fails.
Others are “pro-rated,” meaning you will receive back a percentage of the purchase price for each year the system is in use. Make sure you understand the coverage terms before making a purchase.
There are a few other things to keep in mind. They include:
- Transferability: You can transfer some warranties to new homeowners if you sell your house. This can be a valuable selling point when it comes time to put your home on the market.
- Cost: Warranties typically cost between $300 and $500. Some are included with your system. Be sure to factor this cost into your budget when considering an HVAC purchase.
- Reputation: Choose a reputable company with a good track record for honoring warranties. Ask around for recommendations or check online reviews before making a purchase. Don’t just go for any company; make sure you’re getting the best.
HVAC warranties can provide peace of mind in knowing that you’re covered in case of a problem. Ensure you understand the terms and conditions before making a purchase. Contact Pleasant Air Inc. if you need help considering warranties for residential or commercial HVAC systems you want to purchase.
Image provided by iStock