Pleasant Air: Our Commitment to Making a Positive Impact in Our Community
Kiwanis park, 586 Sloop Point Loop Rd., Hampstead, NC – Pleasant Air, Inc. donated HVAC units upon park opening to the community for use of vendor station and bathrooms. Our company sign showing donation is seen on the ballfield up the road from our office.
Pleasant Air, Inc. has contributed to sponsorship with their annual Turkey Trot race and other events held at the park.
Pleasant Air, Inc. has annually sponsored (since 2016) a flag football team comprised of local Wilmington PD, New Hanover Sheriffs and Pender County Sheriffs Law Enforcement Officers. We not only provide our t-shirt with our logo on it but have paid the annual dues so that these officers can enjoy some fun time on their weekends. This Spring league is held annually at Wrightsville Beach Parks and Recreation. We actually won the Championship in 2019 and our trophies are proudly shown by the front door in our office. The Team is currently 1-1 this Spring Season…
PLEASANT AIR PARTICIPATES IN AN ANNUAL PACKATHON
A Packathon is a food packing event in which participants produce thousands of nutritious meals that will be distributed through Feed the Hunger partners to children and families in need, both in America and internationally. During a two-hour shift, teams of volunteers assemble four ingredients: rice, soy protein or dehydrated pinto beans, dehydrated vegetables, and vitamin powder. These ingredients, which together provide complete nutrition, are packaged in six-serving meal packets that are then weighed, sealed, and boxed. Packathon’s take place in a friendly, high-energy environment, and we welcomed participants ages 5 to 105! Food packed during a Packathon is distributed overseas to refugees and needy children through Christian partners and is given out domestically through food pantries and through supplemental food programs at certain schools.
Knights of Columbus Donation – On Monday, September 27, 2021, The Harry (Hap) J. Hansen Council held its annual Golf Classic at Olde Point Country Club in Hampstead. This outing was dedicated to raise funds and awareness of the LAMB Foundation of North Carolina. All proceeds from this event went directly to the LAMB Foundation of North Carolina, which provides grants to accredited organizations in Pender and Onslow counties. The foundation assists individuals with intellectual disabilities. These grants are awarded for educational, sporting and social programs benefiting the lives of these individuals. Pleasant Air, Inc. not only donated but sponsored a hole at the golf as well to raise more money.
- September, 2022 we gave $450.00 donation and played in the tournament. Not only did our team take first place and win the tournament, David Crawford won the shot for the longest hole.
- Livingstone Tabernacle Church, Hampstead, NC – Annual donation of turkeys and food at Thanksgiving and 2 pleasant Air, Inc. older vehicles donated by the owner of Pleasant Air, Inc.
- Lutheran Church of Reconciliation, Wilmington, NC – Unit donations and parts, materials, labor donated.
- Wilmington Junior Golf Academy annual Golf Sponsor donation since 2013.
- North Topsail Elementary, Hampstead, NC – Annual PTA and student supply donations .
- Currently give 10% off to our active military, former military, active police and fire and/or retired police and fire officers on every service call or installation job.
- Donations of old work cell phones taken to the Women’s Domestic Violence Shelter and Services, Inc., 2901 Market St., Wilmington, NC 28401
- Annual members of the Greater Topsail of Chamber
- Donation and sponsor for Lake Linda’s Christmas Lights
Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune is approximately 25 minutes from our office and that means that a majority of military families live in our area. We proudly employ 4 former veterans working for our company now. Our local elementary school (down the road from our office) is a part of the Operation Military Kids Club which is a club to provide a safe place for our military kids to be encouraged, strengthened and connected in their schools. We would love to somehow raise more funds to help this club.
We would also like to get involved more in events or host an event at the Hampstead Kiwanis Park. Now that covid restrictions are lifting they are planning more events: Football, Baseball, Cheerleading games, Easter, Halloween, Turkey trot, Christmas Tree Lighting and other charitable races.
…we thought you would like to see our family…
The first picture is from our twins’ Baptism showing owners Larry Crawford (known as Great Grandpa), Bryant Crawford (known as Grandpa) and David Crawford (proud dad) with David’s four kids at the baptism of his twin boys in 2017.
This other picture is of David’s children whom are of hopefully the future 4th generation owners wearing their Pleasant Air, Inc. shirts taken this past Christmas…